Looking for a short- to mid-term caregiver for our very-active 4-year-old. Rates are negotiable.
Schedule & Location
We are flexible on hours and schedule --> Mon, Tues, and Thurs 8.45 - 4.45 has worked well in the past but we don't know what our daily needs will be yet and are happy to work with you on this. We might also need occasional evening sitting.
You should be able to transport yourself to our house on the Southern end of Tybee. We would like you to spend most of your "at home" time on the porch, to minimize COVID risk, or in the surrounding areas. We are open to you hosting if your space makes more sense.
We are coming to Tybee to be with my dad, who is going into hospice in his home there, so we are not sure how long we will stay. We will probably plan for two months (September & October) at first and might extend from there.
Depending on day and time, your duties will include
- Supervising / helping Dino stay focused on remote-learning pre-K (whatever that turns out to be. Pending his teacher and curriculum, we are ok with missing some of the "classes".)
- Organizing activities and playing with him. Examples include playground trips, beach trips, sports, gardening, arts-and-crafts, legos and building, reading, music, etc.
- Creating opportunities for him to play with other kids, as long as pandemic and personalities allow --> we would welcome a nanny share situation or a caretaker bringing their own kids.
- Minimizing screen time outside of "school".
- Scheduling / supervising meals and snacks. Light meal preparation might be necessary sometimes, but we will aim to have food already prepared.
Additional Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Notes
- We wear masks outside, in public, and around my parents. We will ask you to do the same and to help Dino remember to keep his on.
- Please try to limit your own phone use to urgent communications.
- We try to be environmentally friendly.
- We are BIPOC-, GLTBQIA-, and BLM-friendly.